Monday, December 20, 2010

Welcome!

Hi all! My name is Leo and welcome to Putting the 'Leo' in Leotard.

Before I get into this blog and its contents, I need to first make a startling confession:

I am addicted to Ballet.

When I say addicted, I mean addicted. I spend most of my waking moments thinking about it, I count the days until my next class and I spend a lot my time on the internet reading about it or watching it. The joy I reap when I'm both doing and thinking about ballet is simply indescribable. That's why I decided to start this blog, to hopefully catch the overflow when I burst from the seams with passion.

So here I am, joining the ranks of the ballet bloggers. It would seem that 2010 is the year for burgeoning ballet bloggers (Tights and Tiaras, Dave Tries Ballet, Adult Beginner to shout out to my favourites). Having only started ballet 10 months ago and getting the courage now to blog about it, I think its better late than never.

As an adult beginner, I think its very important to document my progress as it unfolds. Being the consummate extrovert that I am, I feel that sharing these on the World Wide Web is much better than a journal or diary. Also being male, I think its doubly important to mete out my thoughts as there are times when being the vast minority can pick away at you. Overall, hopefully you the reader glean something from my failings and/or successes. Better still, some offerings of advice and/or support would also be happily accepted.

If I haven't already deterred you with my brutal verbosity (I'm sorry I tend to enjoy toying with the english language), I look forward to having you all read my blog in the future. I certainly look forward to expelling my mind on here when I am filled to the brim with ballet ready to explode.

TTFN (Ta-Ta For Now),

Leo



No comments:

Post a Comment